Thursday, December 27, 2007

Shaking the doldrums

As you can see in my previous post, I truly love Christmas. Now, comes the hard part - getting myself back in the habit of actually being productive. I get used to sleeping in, taking it easy, going to see holiday movies, eating out, eating at home, playing the X-box with my son, and just hanging out. Don't get me wrong, everyone needs "down time" and I enjoy taking mine every year. The difficult thing is getting out of the "down time". I have heard people say if they won a million dollars they wouldn't change a thing - that they would keep on working like they do today. Really? Welllll, not me.... I wouldn't mind trying it out for awhile.

The one thing that gets me back in gear and going again is the fact that I am blessed. I remind myself that many people this past week worked every day. Some people don't have a choice. They have to get up at early hours, work late into the day, and work very difficult jobs. To some, Christmas is just another day in the week. Those people didn't get "down time" or the opportunity to see a holiday movie. I think about that and how much I actually enjoy my job (to the point that it doesn't seem like a job), and I don't have any trouble getting back to the reality of my life. God has blessed me and my family. I remind myself of this truth and allow it to help me shake the doldrums and get back to work!

No comments: