Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Why didn't I think of that?!

Have you ever seen something and thought, "Why didn't I think of that?!" It could be something small or unique, but usually not too difficult. It can be something life changing and pretty cool, but it could also be something stupid. For example, here is my list of things I wish I had thought of.....

1. Facebook - unreal. I have been on it now for 4 days and have talked to more people from my past than ever before. It's like a constant online reunion. It can be addictive though....
2. Thumb drives - simple yet so functional
3. TIVO/DVR - I honestly don't know what my life was like before it. You know we live in a tech world when my kids look at me and say, "TIVO it daddy!" I can remember as a kid getting excited when my dad bought this thing called a VCR!
4. The car clicker thingy bob - I never lock my car doors the normal way anymore - I always click and listen for the horn to confirm that it is locked.
5. Webkinz - somewhere in the world there is some dude making millions all because he thought, "Why don't I sell a bunch of small stuffed animals and let kids create lives for them on the internet!" Unreal.... My kids have 10 of these things. I think the Beardens have like 47!
6. Starbucks - I guarantee you somebody somewhere once said, "It will never work. People won't go to a place that sells only coffee and pay $4.00 a cup for it....forget it!"
7. Cordless home phones - does anyone have a phone in your home with a cord attached to it that is NOT in your kitchen?
8. The little cat doors that go into your garage or utility room. I wish we had one. I am tired of my cat whining to go into the garage!!
9. Fanny packs - make fun of them all you want, but they are very efficient when you are in a foreign country. I have yet to lose my wallet or passport!
10. Glow light necklaces - they sell them at amusement parks and 4th of July firework shows. I bet they cost 5 cents to make, yet they sell them for $5.00. Again, someone somewhere is laughing their head off all the way to the bank.

What's on your list? Post a comment and let me know....maybe we can collect a bunch of them, write a book on it and make millions - wait! Someone already did that....

No comments: