Friday, May 30, 2008

The Little House of Sin

Last week my sister-in-law and her husband (and their three beautiful children) were in town visiting with us for the weekend. We had an absolute great time with them. Even though my wife's brother-in-law is a HUGE Alabama Crimson Tide fan, we had a truly fun weekend. By the way Brian, we are praying for your salvation every day. God bless you brother! And, by they way, those 12 National Championships that you all claim to have won - you can't count the Rotary Club Shriner's Ball National Championship from 1927.

One of the fun things that we did together last weekend was to stop by a little snow cone place in Euless called the The Little House of Snow. It is a wonderful little establishment that makes GREAT Snow Cones. If you live in Euless, check it out. Located at the corner of Euless Main Street and Midway in a small little strip mall directly across from the Diamond Shamrock gas station. They literally have over 50 different flavors that you can make as a snow cone and they give you a huge portion for a very small price. Great way to beat the Texas heat!

Anyway, on Tuesday I was going through my receipts and checking them with my bank account (you know, the fun stuff of balancing the checking account) when I noticed on my receipt it read "The Little House of Sn". At first glance, it looked like it said "The Little House of Sin". I laughed but then I thought, WOW - what if someone got that receipt out of my wallet - it wouldn't look good. Of course, the charge on the receipt was $7.12 - not sure what you would be able to get for that in other establishments that might go by that name.

I took the receipt to my wife and we both laughed and got a good kick out of it. The moral of the story is this: If you want a good snow cone, don't go to the Little House of SIN - make sure it says SNOW on the exterior sign.

No comments: