Monday, November 26, 2007

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

I love the Christmas season! For me, it officially begins when the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade takes place on Thanksgiving morning and ends on the morning of January 2nd. Of course, Christmas decorations and Christmas music can begin on November 1st. Some people would argue with me that November 1st is too early! I say those people are wrong (in a kind and humble way). I am also glad that a little cold weather has hit the Dallas-Fort Worth area. About a week ago me and my family were riding in our car with the windows down in shorts and t-shirts due to the 84 degree temperature - there is just something wrong with that in the middle of November. On the car radio, the Christmas song "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas" was playing. We laughed as it looked like May outside. Today, it is a brisk 50 degrees with a cool wind blowing - love it! Our family built our first fire of the season last night as temps dipped to the mid-30's. This is truly my favorite time of the year. Enjoy it! Spend time with your family. But, most importantly, be thankful that the whole reason for this great season is that our Lord and Savior came to earth as a baby to die for our sins. Our family will enjoy the holiday. We will eat some great food. We will exchange gifts. But we will also pause to celebrate our Savior - Jesus Christ! Merry Christmas and be blessed!

No comments: