Wednesday, April 16, 2008

My Bride

Many of you know my wife, Elaine - oh excuse me - she likes to be called Lainie... It's not that I don't like the name Lainie - it truly fits her personality - but I fell in love with ELAINE. Those of you who know her realize quickly that I "out-punted my coverage!" That is a football term meaning that she is way out of my league. My wife is a brilliant (seriously) and creative woman who loves God and loves to serve Him and others. She has a servant-heart. For those of you who do not know her, well, you are missing out on a blessing. She can brighten up any room that she walks into with her contagious smile and sparkling eyes.

This Friday (18th) is her birthday. She will turn 37. I am sure that right now she is loving the fact that I am telling her age. April 18 is a great day in our home and a day we celebrate Lainie's life! Thank you Andy and Becky for having her in 1971. Thank you God for bringing her into my life, and thank you honey for 12 great years of marriage. You are a wonderful wife, mother, co-worker, and you are my best friend. Happy Birthday! For those of you who would like to email Lainie birthday wishes click ethomas@firsteuless.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for blessing me this way, honey! I am honored to be your wife, mother to your 2 awesome kids, co-worker, but most importantly to me, your best friend! I love you! This is a great pre-present. Oh, and I forgive you for posting my age for the world to see! :)

Robin Schmitt said...

That's pretty ironic. I mistakenly had Lainie's birthday marked as April 16 on my calendar and sent her a "Happy Birthday" e-mail on that day which is the same day of your blog entry...even though I am just now reading your note. (She wrote back and let me know her BD is actually on the 18th, so I'll get it right next year.)

Everything you said about Lainie is very true AND she has an amazing voice and loves to use it to praise her Lord and Saviour. I miss hearing her sing.

Robin Schmitt